Business planning is one of those things that most people know they need, yet very few have an effective plan that drives their business to all its goals. So if we know it’s good for us, why do so many people get confounded by it? Because it’s never about the plan… it’s about the planning…
The real reasons to have a business plan are not what most people think….
It’s not to…
- Get financing
- Decorate your bookshelf
- Show people that you’re really smart
- Impress your friends
- Force you to look into the future
- Get you to think long and hard about what you are building
- Keep you focused on the end game
- Give you perspective
- Keep you focussed on building a foundation for growth
- Avoid knee jerk reactions and crisis management
- Give you a worthy goal to pursue
A great business plan is meant to be something that not only helps your business get through all the challenges it may face but also to give the whole organisation a blueprint for how the business should be successfully run. So if your business plan is not delivering, you need to re-think your view and your approach.
Want to write a business plan that will take your business from good to great but don’t know where to start? Book a free strategy session and speak to a business planning professional today.